First Timers - WELCOME - Thanks for Joining Us!
Here's what you can expect:
If this is your first time at SLSBF or one of your first times at a Salsa/Bachata Festival, welcome! We want you to have the best experience possible.
Here's the info you need to have a great full-weekend experience:
1. Book your hotel early! We've teamed up with a beautiful Hilton Home 2 Suites just down the street from DF Dance Studio, the host of our festival. Room rates just for Salt Lake Salsa Bachata Fest are $89, please book asap because our room block tends to sell out every year.
2. Pre-register for your festival pass! We recommend the FULL PASS because it gets you into all three days of the festival including Friday - Sunday night shows and social dancing, AND Saturday & Sunday workshops with the pros. The earlier you purchase, the higher the discount for your tickets! Take full advantage of early bird savings.
3. Make your travel arrangements to get here safely. The festival venue is just a 10-15 minute Uber or Lyft ride from the Salt Lake City International Airport. If you're driving here, please consider a carpool - it's good for the environment and on Salt Lake City freeways, carpool gives you free access to the express lanes! By the way, parking at our venue DF Dance Studio is free!
4. Connect with others who are coming. Whether your looking to share a ride, share a hotel room with another dancer to save on costs, or you just want to see friendly faces you recognize when you get here, use our Facebook page to start getting to know our SLSBF community.
What to bring:
- Lots of great dance clothes, especially if your body likes to sweat. We want you to feel good, and we want people to want to dance with you. We recommend having back up dance clothes with you if dancing makes you sweaty.
- Dance shoes that are already broken in. You're going to be dancing in them a lot! Shoes will be available for purchase here, but may take time to break in. Bring a pair or two that already feel great on your feet.
- Outfits that make you feel amazing! Roaming photographers attend each of our socials, we want you to look good & feel good. These photos are posted for FREE on our Facebook page in the weeks after SLSBF for you to enjoy & share.
- Deodorant is always a must, and use cologne & perfume sparingly. No one likes overpowering smells. Keep your breath minty & your body clean to do your part to make our socials & classes pleasant for everyone.
- Your favorite refillable water bottle. The hotel & dance studio have plenty of water fountains to refill at, you want to keep your body well-hydrated.
- Chargers for your electronic devices, and CLEAR some of your phone memory! You'll want to be at full battery & have the space to take videos at workshops, capture the new songs & moves you'll find, and connect with the cool new people you'll meet.
- Extra cash for food, merchandise, and PRIVATE LESSONS. With all the amazing talent congregating in one place, you'll really want to take advantage of private lessons. These are extra, not included in your full pass. Past participants swear by this one-on-one feedback with professionals.
When you get here:
- Check into your hotel room, get settled in, maybe take a nap because you'll be dancing until late into the night.
- Reference our online schedule. The event kicks off with an amazing show on Friday night June 1st at 10pm. Get here 20-30 minutes before the show to grab a good seat. Remember your ID to pick up your wristband from the registration desk. If you didn't pre-register, we recommend getting here 30-40 minutes before the show to get payment taken care of. The earlier you're here, the more choice of seats you'll have (it's open seating). Doors open 1 hour before the show starts.
- If you ever need help, have a question, or need to report an issue, please reference anyone with a "staff" name tag, especially the staff at the front desk.
- ENJOY! We look forward to the first weekend in June ALL YEAR LONG. This is one huge, friendly party. You'll leave feeling inspired and invigorated.